How to Turn Off Sleep Mode on Your Apple Watch
When you put your Apple Watch to sleep, it’s not completely turned off; it’s in what’s called low-power mode. If you regularly wear an Apple Watch, you may find that your battery runs out more quickly than you expect while it’s in sleep mode. In order to fix this problem and learn how to turn off sleep mode on your Apple Watch, read on!
Apple watches are the latest trend in wearable technology. They can track your steps and monitor your heart rate, among other things. But what about when you want to turn off sleep mode? This can be accomplished by following these simple steps:
- Open up the watch app on your phone, select the My Watch tab, and then select General.
- Select Sleep & Wake, which will show a graph of how often you've worn the watch and for how long. The exact percentage of time that you've worn it will be shown at the bottom of this screen.
Step 1 - Move your hand
- Locate the sleep/wake button on the side of your watch and press it once.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap Power Reserve.
- Wait for your watch to power down, then wait 15 seconds before powering back up again!
Step 2 - Tap the screen
- Tap the screen of your watch and scroll through the various features until you get to the option for Do Not Disturb.
- Tap that button and make sure it is set up as Until Next Alarm. You will now see a red icon with a slash running through it next to this setting. This means that while your phone is in sleep mode, your watch will not disturb you by lighting up or making any sound. If you want, you can also tap on the icon and choose how long this period of silence should last (1-24 hours).
Step 3 - Force Restart
If you still can't turn off the watch, you may need to force restart it. To do so:
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for ten seconds. The Apple logo will appear and your watch will reboot.
Apple watch's sleep mode is designed to conserve battery life when the watch is inactive for a prolonged period of time. For example, if you know that you will not be using your watch for a few days, sleep mode can help your battery last longer.
To turn off sleep mode and reactivate the watch, swipe up from the bottom of the display. Tap 'Power Off' and confirm by tapping 'Turn Off.'