How to Return a Mattress to Amazon in 5 Easy Steps
With an Amazon Prime membership, you can get free shipping on just about anything you’d like to order from the online retailer, including mattresses. However, if you decide that you don’t like the mattress or the mattress doesn’t fit your needs, you can always return it and get your money back—and it’s even easier than returning most other items! Here are five easy steps on how to return a mattress to Amazon in under 10 minutes.
1) Call customer service
First, you'll need to call Amazon customer service at 1-866-216-1072. Be sure to have your order number handy when you call. Next, the customer service representative will help you troubleshoot the issue with your mattress. If they determine that the mattress needs to be returned, they'll give you a return authorization number. Then, you'll need to package up the mattress and ship it back to Amazon using the return shipping label that they provide. Once Amazon receives the mattress, they'll process the return and refund your purchase price.
2) Remove the items from your cart
If you're not happy with your purchase, returning it is easy. Here's how:
- Log into your Amazon account and go to Your Orders.
- Find the order you want to return and click Return or Replace Items.
- Select the items you want to return and the reason for the return. If you have multiple items, you can return them all or just some of them.
- Click Continue to checkout and follow the instructions on the screen. You'll be given the option to print a return label or use one that came with your package.
3) Pack the items you want to return properly
To return an item to Amazon, you first need to find the right box and packing materials. Once you have the right box, pack the items snugly inside with plenty of padding to prevent damage during shipping. Make sure to include all original packaging and accessories. Next, print out a return label from Amazon and attach it to the outside of the box. Finally, schedule a pickup with UPS or drop the package off at a UPS location.
4) Check if you need a box
You might be wondering if you need a box to return your mattress to Amazon. The answer is: it depends. If your mattress is still in good condition and you just want to return it because you don't like it, then you probably don't need a box. However, if your mattress is damaged or otherwise not in sellable condition, then you will need a box so that Amazon can properly dispose of it. Here's how to tell if you need a box
5) Schedule an appointment with UPS
Whether you're returning a mattress you bought on Amazon or one you purchased elsewhere, returning it can be easy and stress-free. Here's how to do it:
1. Schedule an appointment with UPS. You can do this by visiting their website or calling 1-800-PICK-UPS.
2. Pack the mattress in its original packaging, if possible. If not, use a heavy-duty bag and seal it tightly.
3. Affix the UPS label to the mattress. Make sure the label is clearly visible.
4. Take the mattress to your local UPS store or drop it off at a UPS location.
5. Once UPS has received the mattress, you'll receive a refund within 7-10 business days.